call: BUP Book Award
Deadline: 10 March 2020 (11.59 PM CET)
Call for entries
BUP Book Award
Short list announcement: April 7
Winner announcement: April 7
BLOW UP PRESS announces the first edition of BUP Book Award – a competition for all photographers around the world, regardless they age, gender or nationality – which goal is to promote photo book as a way of expression. We are looking for unique photo/visual art projects (not book dummies!) which are intended to be published as a book. So if you believe your project is completed, don’t wait too long and submit it to the first edition of BUP Book Award contest!
No matter what technique you work in, no matter what subject you cover – let our jurors to see your project and get it published as a book!
All submitted projects will be then evaluated by our professional international jury. Based on their ratings, we will create a short list of 20 photographers, whose projects will reach the finals. From among these 20 projects, BLOW UP PRESS editors will choose one that they will turn into a book.
* Brad Feuerhelm (Slovakia) – Managing Editor and Partner for American Suburb X, online platform dedicated to photography, art and visual culture;
* Olmo González (Spain) – image researcher, co-organiser of Fiebre Photobook Festival;
* Yumi Goto (Japan) – co-funder and curator for the Reminders Photography Stronghold, curated membership gallery space in Tokyo, enabling a wide range of photographic activities;
* Hubert Humka (Poland) – photographer, lecturer at the Łódź Film School’s Photography Faculty;
* Roy Kahmann (the Netherlands) – collector, curator, designer, gallerist and publisher known for such publications as GUP Magazine, GUP New and GUP Fresh Eyes;
* Miren Pastor (Spain) – photographer and photobooks promoter, organiser of Fiebre Photobook Festival;
* Daria Tuminas (the Netherlands) – researcher and curator, head of Unseen Book Market and Dummy Award at Unseen Amsterdam, curator at FOTODOK in Utrecht.
The main prize of BUP Book Award consists of the following:
Book design by Aneta Kowalczyk, an award-winning Polish book designer and artistic director of BLOW UP PRESS;
Publication of the book by BLOW UP PRESS in a print run between 400 and 600 depending on the project complexity;
Book distribution by BLOW UP PRESS and cooperating bookstores;
Book exhibition during the key photo book shows in the world;
Book submission to the most important competitions in the world;
Royalties of 10% and 30 copies of the printed book.
entry fee – Yes (EUR 30.00 per project)