call: Body Language
Deadline: 27 December 2020
Call for entries
CALL FOR ARTISTS: THE BODY LANGUAGE
Dates and location: The ROOM Contemporary Art Space from February 11 to March 12, 2021 and at Palazzo Albrizzi-Capello from February 12 to March 12, 2021.
Call: ITSLIQUID Group, in collaboration with Venice Events and ACIT Venice – Italian-German Cultural Association, is selecting all interesting photo, painting, video art, installation/sculpture and performance artworks to include in the next exhibition THE BODY LANGUAGE – ITSLIQUID International Art Exhibition 2021 that will be held in Venice during the period of Venice Carnival 2021, at THE ROOM Contemporary Art Space, from February 11 to March 12, 2021, and at Palazzo Albrizzi-Capello from February 12 to March 12, 2021.
COVID-19 Protection Concept – The health and safety of our staff and visitors are of predominant importance to ITSLIQUID Group. This Protection Concept governs how we intend to operate after Italy’s lockdown has ended, the rules that will be applied inside the exhibition spaces and how these will be implemented in practice.
THE BODY LANGUAGE analyzes the hidden parts of our identities, through an immersive experience inside the fascinating universe of the complex labyrinths of our consciousness.
The participation includes the following services
– exhibition space dedicated to the artist’s works
– assisting with customs formalities, international shipping and local transport
– assisting in finding accommodation for artist
– the design and the printing of invitation cards, posters
– the global and local press office, publicity, press, banners, totem, etc.
– the realization of the exhibition website and dedicated press releases
– mounting and dismounting of the exhibition
– exhibitions opening event with drinks and food
– a one day dedicated presentation, talk or workshop focusing on the artist’s career
– a dedicated interview published on ITSLIQUID website and spread on our social networks
– providing services and drinks for small meetings at the exhibition places for invited guests
To take part in the selection, send your works’ submissions with a CV/biography, some still images (for video-art), links of videos/films/performances and pictures of artworks by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The human body is a changing system that connects us with other bodies and spaces to perceive the surrounding reality; a strong communication system with its own language and infinite ways of expression.
The exhibition will be presented during the period of Venice Carnival 2021 and we invite artists to be inspired by the magical power of Venetian costumes, exploring the connection between desires, needs, fears through rituals that brings human kind to change, to transform and to evolve their inner world.
Artists interested in taking part in our shows, are free to be sponsored and supported by institutions, organizations, governments and their representers; the logos of their sponsors will be included in all the communication (digital and print) of the events.
Artists, photographers, video makers, architects and performers are invited to submit their works. To take part in the selection, send your works’ submissions with a CV/biography, some still images (for video-art), links of videos/films/performances and pictures via e-mail to email@example.com
The number of works you can submit is unlimited. The participation in the festival requires an entry fee only for selected artworks. Participation open to: artists, architects and designers, associate groups and studios.