call: Lateral Film Festival Cosenza 2023
Deadlines: 31 Oct 2022/30 April 2023
Call for entries
LATERALE FILM FESTIVAL
Cosenza/Italy – September 1-2-3th 2023
Laterale is an international non competitive Festival of cinematic art organized by Associazione Culturale Laterale. Its aim is to enhance the most innovative aspects of audio-visual languages of the contemporary scene and to reduce the distance between artistic research and public involvement. Particular attention is given to young and independent filmmakers and to self-made no-budget works, as result of individual search.
The seventh edition of the LFF will take place in Cosenza (Italy) at Cinema San Nicola in September 2023. The Festival promotes a free and stimulating project of sharing, that shows what usually is neglected or rejected because of the distance from the conventional way to do and to interpret the cinema. A space that breaks down barriers and prejudices, massification and standardisation, a space that wants to become an artistic laboratory where it is possible to discover now the cinema of the future.
1) Short films of all genres, styles and narrative forms are allowed, released from January 1st 2021.
2) Films must have a maximum length of 20 minutes (with credits).
3) Films can be exclusively submitted by using Filmfreeway.
4) Five deadlines are provided:
– Inaugural Deadline: October 31st, 2022
– Second Deadline: November 30th, 2022
– Third Deadline: December 31st, 2022
– Fourth Deadline: January 31st, 2023
– Regular Deadline: April 30th, 2023
5) In no case the registration fee (different amouts according to the different deadlines) can be paid back; it has to be considered a contribution to
Associazione Culturale Laterale for the realization of the event.
6) Films’ selection is curated by the festival artistic direction; the notification of selection has to remain confidential until the announcement of the programme.
7) Once selected, films cannot be withdrawn from the festival.
8) Some frames of the selected films might be used for promotional purposes of the festival.
9) The selected films join the archive of Laterale Film Festival; they are not commercially exploited to protect the interests of the authors and of the production. The organisers commit themselves to use the films only for cultural purposes.
10) The festival’s direction reserves the right to include in the Lateral Selection those films that slightly exceed the scheduled time limits but that can be considered significant for artistic values.
11) The participation to the festival implies the total acceptance of the present regulation. The artistic direction has the final judgement on controversial cases.