call: Athens Video Art Festival
Call for entries
Deadline: 10 February 2011
7th Athens Video Art Festival
Spring 2011 – Athens -Greece
REGULATIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
1) There is no entry fee.
2) No restrictions apply regarding the subject of the work.
3) We advise you not to send the master copies/files. The festival does not take responsibility in the case of loss or damage.
4) The duration of the video should not exceed 15 minutes.
5) The video must be submitted in DVD (PAL) format or video file. In the case of video file, it should not be bigger than 1 Gb and should be either in .avi, .mpeg or .mov format.
6) The files will not be returned and will be kept in the festival’s archive.
7) Each artist is allowed to participate in more than one category not exceeding four. A separate entry form must be completed for each category.
8) Please also include the following:
(a) 4 video stills in high resolution (300dpi) in .jpeg format
(b) Any other document or file necessary
9) Entry submissions that do not include all requested documents and files will be considered incomplete and will not be accepted.
10) The production company has no responsibility on copyrights of works that include images or music created by others than the submitting artist.
11) The artists, whose work will be selected, will be notified via e-mail by the production team of Athens Video Art Festival.
12) In any case, all the submitted works – selected or not – can be included in compilations that represent Athens Video Art Festival internationally.
13) Only the artists that their work is selected and presented in Athens Video Art Festival have the privilege of free entrance in the festival. Each artist can be accompanied by one person for each day of the festival.
14) Athens Video Art Festival is held once a year in place and time, with duration and participants’ selection and according to a screenings program, all subject to the absolute choice of the production team of Athens Video Art Festival.
15) The production team can cancel the event at any time, provided that the circumstances render its realization unfeasible.
16) Works of art that offend human dignity or support discriminations against individuals or groups of people based on behavior, race or nationality are not eligible for participation.
17) Parts of the festival may be filmed. Public and artists whose work may appear in it agree to this unconditionally.
18) When a submission has been made, it cannot be withdrawn.
19) In case of transportation of works, charges for the transportation and the insurance are paid by artists.
20) The production company has no responsibility in case of damage during the transportation and installation of the works.
21) In case of legal conflict the Greek version of regulations is valid.
With the submission of an entry form, participants unconditionally accept the terms of present and allow the use of excerpts or the entire work by the organizers for publicity and archive purposes.
Athens Video Art Festival