call: International Mail Art Exhibition and Swap
Call for entries
Deadline: 1 October 2011
Open Call for Entries:
International Mail Art Exhibition and Swap
Exhibition: November 17, 2011 – January 8, 2012
Artists from all over the world are invited to contribute their work for
the Richmond Art Gallery’s Mail Art Exhibition and Swap. This exhibition
is intended to be a cultural exchange, where artists exhibit their works
and receive new works as part of a swap. This shared enterprise is free
from the rules of the art market, and yet we ask artists to respond to
the theme of “economy” in all its forms.
Mail Art (aka Postal Art) is an art form where artists exchange artworks
and correspondence through the mail to one another. To continue on in
the tradition of this democratic art form, all entries received that
follow the guidelines will be exhibited.
* Artists can send up to 3 artworks (2D ONLY), sized 5″ x 5″ (120 x 120
* THERE IS NO PARTICIPATION FEE, EXCEPT FOR COST OF RETURN POSTAGE.
Please enclose $3 CDN (or equivalent) for return postage and a
self-addressed envelope. Canadians, enclose a Self-Addressed Stamped
Envelope with Canadian stamps.
* ORIGINAL art works only (no photocopies).
* Theme of exhibition: Economy
* Artworks will be traded at the end of the exhibition, and you will
receive a ‘swap’.
* All artworks will be displayed on our online gallery for one year.
Your entry into this exhibition signifies that you agree to the swap and
having your work displayed online.
* Include with your submission: Full name, Address, Country, Title of
work, Medium, Year, E-mail address
Address entries to:
Mail Art Exhibition, Richmond Art Gallery, 7700 Minoru Gate, Richmond,
BC V6Y 1R9, Canada
More information at: http://www.richmondartgallery.org/mail-art-2011.php
or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Richmond Art Gallery
7700 Minoru Gate
Richmond BC V6Y 1R9