call: The Refugee Film Collection 3.0
Deadline: 19 December 2017
Call for entries
artvideoKoeln is looking for new artvideos dealing with the topic of “refugees” to become part of “Refugee” Film Collection 3.0 – http://refugee.engad.org and its screenings.
There are currently more than 60 millions of refugees on the globe, people who left their home country in order to escape war, persecution and murder, but also the effects of the climate change, poverty and the lack of any perspectives.
The open call would like to get down to the human dimensions, since the refugees are human individuals who are forced to leave their home countries in order to get shelter, protection and perspectives for survival elsewhere. Do or did they find the “promissed land” – temporarily or for sure?
Artists and video makers are invited to submit and spotlight this human dimension and the diversity of reasons and motivations to become a refugee.
Regulations and entry form –>
– Deadline: Wednesday, 19 December 2017
– Welcome are mono-channel videos by film and videomakers from all countries on the globe
– Duration: max 10 minutes (exceptions possible on request)
– The full-length films/videos may originate from the years 2006-2017 – excerpts of videos or films are not accepted!!
– Max 3 films/videos may be submitted.
– Productions using language and/or text other than English need English subtitles.
– The preview copy has to be uploaded online via WETRANSFER http://www.wetransfer.com or VIMEO – http://www.vimeo.com, the link for the downlad has to be submitted
– For preview eligible: only Quicktime . mov (H264 codec only), mp4, avi, wmv, mpeg2DVD – [Size HD or SD] – minimum720x 576 (PAL) or 720×480 (NTSC)]
– For screening only HD versions are eligible
– Participating is free of charge.
Entry Form – please cut and paste
Please use for each video a new entry form
a) full name
c) email, URL
d) short bio (max. 100 words, English only)
a) title English – original (max 3 works)
b) URL – download link WeTransfer or Vimeo
c) year of production
e) work synopsis (max. 100 words/submission, English only)
f) 2 screenshots for each submitted work (jpg, minimum 800×600 px)
Please add this declaration & sign it with your full name & email address
I, the submitter/author, declare to be the holder of all rights and permissions on the submitted work. In case the work is selected, I give – until revoke – artvideoKOELN- the permission to include the work in the context for screenings /exhibitions (physical/virtual) free of charge and use screenshots for non-commercial promotional purposes. Until revoke means, the signing author can remove the video after the screening period at any time.
Please use for each submission a separate entry form
deadline: 19 December 2017
Please send the submission in both
plain email text and separately as RTF (Rich Text Format)/WORD . doc as attachment to
subject line: The Refugee Film Collection 3.0
“Refugee” Film Collection
is a media art project realised by
directed & curated by
Wilfried Agricola de Cologne
artvideoKOELN (at) gmail.com