call: Residency Grant At Yarat, Azerbaijan // For Italian Artists
deadline: 10 june 2018
Call for entries
Call For A Residency Grant At Yarat, Azerbaijan // For Italian Artists
Call for Applications for a Residency Grant
at YARAT CONTEMPORARY ART SPACE, Baku, Azerbaijan
for the period 17th of September until 17th of December 2018
Application deadline: 10th of June
Final Results: 28th of June
YARAT Contemporary Art Space (http://www.yarat.az) invites Italian artists to apply for the residency programme for the period 17th of September until 17th of December 2018. The grant gives the artists the opportunity to live and work in Baku for up to three months.
YARAT Residency is open for artists who are engaged in open, research-based practice across disciplines and show an interest in discovering the Caucasus region. The programme engages residents in discussions with fellow artists and international arts professionals as well as travel around Azerbaijan. Artworks resulting from the residence are exhibited at the ARTIM Project Space, Baku. YARAT Residency programme is predominantly conducted in English.
YARAT Residency offers:
• Studio spaces in YARAT Studios that houses Azerbaijani artists;
• Weekly meetings with artists and YARAT curators;
• Monthly meetings with international arts professionals.
The residency will cover the following:
• Visa services;
• Roundtrip airfare from Italy to Baku, Azerbaijan;
• Local transport from and to GYD airport;
• An apartment for international residents to share;
• Living stipend: 700 AZN (350€ approx.) per month (including local and international taxes);
• Production support up to 1,000 AZN (490€ approx.) (including local and international taxes).
YARAT Residency Rules and Regulations:
• Each artist should exhibit new work by the completion of residency period;
• Images of created art work can be used by YARAT in all forms of reproduction (including catalogues, presentations and booklets) and can be used for advertising an d informational materials (such as flyers and posters);
• Residents should work on-site in YARAT Studios and gain active knowledge of the organization as a whole;
• Residents should report, through an email or other media, on the creative production progress.
• By the completion of residency programme all created art pieces belong to the artist; YARAT takes no responsibility to retain or arrange shipment of art pieces.
You are eligible to apply if (all conditions below must be met):
• You are a citizen of Italy;
• You currently reside in the country;
• You were born during or after 1982;
• You have not previously received grants from Cittadellarte for overseas projects;
• You have a fluent knowledge of the English language.
Please fill out the application form (download it here) and submit also your CV, portfolio, letter of motivation (PDF format only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “UNIDEE/YARAT application (your name)” as a subject line (Up to 8 MB per email). (If you are submitting more than one email, please state that, for example, as subject: UNIDEE/YARAT application (your name) 1 of 3 / 2 of 3 / 3 of 3.
UNIDEE–University of Ideas’ will prepare an initial short-list of candidates, amongst whom Yarat Contemporary Art Space’s curatorial board will select one residency grant winner.
Final results will be released by Thursday 28th June, 2018.
YARAT Contemporary Art Space
Bayil District (Near National Flag Square)
Baku, Azerbaijan, AZ1003
More infos at: email@example.com