call: Artisttalk Best Interview Award 2012
Call for entries
Deadline: 15 December 2012
Artisttalk Best Interview Award 2012
ArtistTalk – Culture and Knowledge Platform,
a project by MoTA – Museum of Transitory Art, Ljubljana
in partnership with CIANT Prague, WRO Art Center, Wrocław
OPEN CALL FOR BEST INTERVIEW
ArtistTalk Culture and Knowledge platform invites you to submit your video recordings to an international competition for the best interview with an artist or cultural worker of any medium, profile or age.
ArtistTalk is an online collection of interviews about art and culture, to which you may contribute with a video interview. We invite you to engage in conversation with your favorite or
least favorite artists, ask the right questions, engage in a debate on their work, and share your interview with everyone on ArtistTalk!
The most creative and original interview will receive a 1000 euro prize.
Competition start 17 September 2012
Deadline: 15 December 2012 at 23:59 (GMT)
Open to: everyone above 18 years old
1st prize 1000 euro // 2nd prize 700 euro // 3rd prize 300 euro
– Each month of the competition up to nine best videos chosen by the ArtistTalk curatorial group will be published at www.artisttalk.eu. The selected videos will be announced on 15th of October, 15Th of November and 15th of December 2012.
– Each month, one from among nine monthly published videos will be honored with a fee of 200,00 eur. The winner will be announced on 15th of October, 15Th of November
and 15th of December 2012.
– Among all received entries, the ArtistTalk curatorial group will select one winning video recording and two runners-up, which will be awarded money prizes and presented at www.artisttalk.eu.
– The main prizes include a free hotel accommodation and entry pass for the opening events of the 15th Media Art Biennale WRO 2013 (May 8-12, 2013)
– Selected videos will be presented at 15th Media Art Biennale WRO 2013 in Wrocław, ArtistTalk conference at Enter Festival 2013 in Prague and Sonica Festival 2013 in Ljubljana.
Participants must be 18 or older in order to apply.
Video recordings must be a maximum of fifteen minutes in length.
Each applicant can submit up to five interviews, but only one may be awarded.
Video recordings and interviews must be your original work and previously unpublished.
Video recordings which are not in English must include subtitles in English language.
HOW TO APPLY
1 Add your video on YouTube.
For any YouTube option you are required to open an account, but they are FREE and easy to setup. By uploading a video recording to YouTube you agree with their terms and conditions.
will be automatically removed.
2 After your video is uploaded, fill in the contest entry form, sign it and send it to email@example.com together with the link to your video.
Please don’t forget to include your contact details in your email.
Should your video recording be selected, we will send you an agreement, which must be signed in order to receive any of the the prizes. We shall present the selected video recording/s on ArtistTalk, YouTube and Vimeo channels. The subject of the email should be:
artisttalk open call 2012 – surname – video’s title.
DEADLINES & IMPORTANT DATES
Deadline for submission is 15 December 2012 at 23:59 (GMT).
Applications and video recordings submitted after deadline will not be considered.
Selected participants will be notified on the 15th of each month of the duration of the competition.
An award ceremony to announce the winners will take place in February 2013.
Your entry is not complete until you fill out and send the contest entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The contest entry form must be signed and sent together with
a link to your video. Your video shall not be considered as a valid entry if you have not completed and signed the contest entry form. The winner of the ARTISTTALK BEST
INTERVIEW AWARD will be notified in January 2013 via e-mail.
ArtistTalk Best video interview award is organized and managed by KUD MoTA, Rožna dolina
cesta II/36, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija.