call: Mail Art – For The Sake Of The Crescent
Deadline: 10 June 2022
Call for entries
For The Sake Of The Crescent
Dates & location of event context: 15 Temmuz – 25 Temmuz 2022, online exhibition at
The theme of the exhibition: 15 Temmuz is one of our heroic legends, where our national awareness of democracy is represented by our unique courage, and decisiveness and fighting spirit. The stand that our nation demonstrated has ranked towards the top among our national history, which is filled with heroism. As all the other victories resulted from our martyrs’ and veterans’ struggle, the commemoration of 15 Temmuz Demokrasi Zaferi and its heritage to the next generations will offer a common ground to remember the spirit of the national struggle. This spirit includes patriotism, which is one of our foundational values that is necessary for the future of our civilization.
Our faculty is holding an international mail art exhibition in memory of our martyrs for the anniversary of “15 Temmuz Demokrasi ve Milli Birlik Günü”, under the title “For The Sake Of The Crescent” in order to commemorate all the heroic martyrs with mercy and gratitude, and all the heroism that is manifested in the name of our nation’s and homeland’s indivisible integrity. On that note, our mail art exhibition is open to all artists who will exhibit their art with themes; such as, national unity and solidarity, patriotism, flag, independence, heroism, martyrdom, 15 Temmuz, the national struggle etc.
Aim: To hand down the sacred memory of all our martyrs who protected the belief of independence, the democracy and the national will to the next generations by designs and works of art, and to create a visual recollection.
THE CLAUSES OF PARTICIPATION TO THE EXHIBITION
1. The topic is decided on as A letter to the Memory of Martyrs.
2. The exhibition is open to all artists, art students and anybody who is interested in art over 18 years of age.
3. The participation is free.
4. On condition that the biggest paper size is A4 (21×29,7 cm), all small size art will be accepted for evaluation.
5. Participants can take part in the exhibition with maximum of two of their works.
6. All techniques and materials are accepted.
7. The works of art should have original stamp or postage stamp on them.
8. The works of art may be delivered in person, by mail or by cargo. The art that is sent via e-mail will not be accepted. The participant is responsible for the delivery fee of the mail.
9. The art should be the original; the art that is photocopied or multiplied in any other way will not be accepted.
10. Except for the personal mail art, the art that is created as a group will be excluded from the exhibition.
11. The art should not involve any political symbols, content or visuals; should not be against the foundational principles and values of the Republic of Turkey, human rights, moral values and ethical values. The art that violates the condition above and is not in the right theme will be excluded.
12. The artists will write their Name Surname, the Title of Their Work, and the Technique of Their Work, the Year, the Address, the Country and their e-mail addresses at the back of their work.
13. The participants whose work is in line with the specifications should deliver their art to Bahçelievler Mahallesi, Ankara Hacı Bayram Veli Üniversitesi, Gölbaşı Yerleşkesi, Güzel Sanatlar Fakültesi, A Blok, Dekanlık Binası, GÖLBAŞI/ANKARA/TURKEY by Friday the 17th, June 2022; before 4:30 pm
14. The exhibition committee is not responsible for the damage and delays caused by the cargo company.
15. The art will be exhibited online at AHBV Virtual Art Gallery. The original work sent by mail will not be returned to the participant. The art will be archived at Ankara Hacı Bayram Veli University, Dean’s Office of Faculty of Fine Arts.
16. The participants are deemed to have declared that their art is of no commercial value.
17. The participants are deemed to have allowed their art to appear on social media, e-catalog, poster, or an official website without commercial use.
18. At the end of the exhibition, the participants will receive electronic participation certificates.
19. All participants who delivered art, and whose art is exhibited are deemed to have accepted the clauses of this specification.
20. The Organization Committee has the right to amend the specifications and the dates of the exhibition, if necessary.
Mail postcards to:
Bahçelievler Mahallesi, Ankara Hacı Bayram Veli Üniversitesi, Gölbaşı Yerleşkesi, Güzel Sanatlar Fakültesi, A Blok, Dekanlık Binası, GÖLBAŞI/ANKARA/TURKEY by Friday the 17th, June 2022; before 4:30 pm
entry fee – no
Ankara Hacı Bayram Veli Üniversitesi
Gölbaşı Yerleşkesi, Güzel Sanatlar Fakültesi, A Blok,
for information and the question: