call: animateCOLOGNE 2013
Call for entries
extended deadline: 1 June 2013
animateCOLOGNE – Cologne Art & Animation Festival
launched in September 2012 successfully as new branch of Cologne International Videoart Festival is now open to receive submissions for the 3013 edition.
animateCologne – Cologne Art & Animation Festival – founded in 2012 in the framework of Cologne International Videoart Festival – would like give the animation more attention, relevance and space as a particular artistic expression by using a new festival format based on an exceptional permament collection of animated art contents to be extended once a year via a new festival edition.
As a part of ” CologneOFF 201XX – videoart in a global context” – a world wide unique nomadic festival project, animateCologne will be travelling 12 months a year around the globe to the best venues.
venues – in order to demonstrate the diversity of the creative potential of “art and moving images” transported via the global medium of “video”.
More info about CologneOFF 2013
animateCOLOGNE is looking
– for animated art contents in digital video in all its variety on the themes “memory & identity”
– for new and experimental approaches in transforming artistic concepts via animation into the language of the “moving images”,
– and is inviting film & video creators – to submit up to 3 works of experimental forms of film and video art – (exclusively) online by using the entry form below.
– Deadline: 01 June 2013
– Welcome are mono-channel videos by film and videomakers from all countries on the globe
– Theme: memory & identity The festival is looking for innovative and experimental approaches in dealing with contents and technology
– Duration: max 10 minutes (exceptions possible on request)
– The full-length films/videos may originate from the years 2004-2012.
– Excerpts of videos or films are not accepted!!
– Max 3 films/videos can be submitted.
– Productions using language and/or text other than English need English subtitles.
– The preview copy should be uploaded for download by using upload platforms like SENDSPACE www.sendspace.come or WE TRANSFER www.wetransfer.com, both are free upload services , after upload please send the link, and CologneOFF will download the film then.
– elegible: only Quicktime . mov (mp4 and H264 codec only), Windows Media .wmv, mpeg2 or Flash video flv – [Size HD or minimum720x 576 (PAL) or 720×480 (NTSC)] –
After selection the artists/directors will be invited to send a hardcopy of the selected video on DVD in best screening quality.
Entry Form – please cut and paste
Please use for each video a new entry form
a) full name
c) email, URL
d) short bio (max. 100 words, English only)
a) title English – original (max 3 works)
b) URL home page, (Internet address for download)
c) year of production
e) work synopsis (max. 100 words/submission, English only)
f) 2 screenshots for each submitted work (jpg, 800×600 px)
Please add this declaration & sign it with your full name & email address
I, the submitter/author, declare to be the holder of all rights and permissions on the submitted work.
In case the work is selected, I give – until revoke – animateCOLOGNE – the permission to include the work in the festival context online and in physical space for screenings /exhibitions free of charge and use screenshorts for non-commercial promotional purposes . Until revoke means, that the signing author can remove his work at any time.
Please use for each submission a separate entry form
deadline: 1 June 2013
Please send the submission either in
plain email text, RTF (Rich Text Format) or WORD . doc as attachment to
Cologne Art & Animation Festival 2012
director and coordinator
Wilfried Agricola de Cologne
Cologne International Videoart Festival
D – 50676 Cologne