call: Bucharest International Dance Film Festival
Call for entries
Deadline: 15 September 2015
Bucharest International Dance Film Festival // OPEN CALL
6-8 November 2015, Bucharest, Romania
BIDFF invites film directors, choreographers, dancers and other artists to submit their dance films to the first edition of Bucharest International Dance Film Festival, taking place in Romania from November 6-8. The competition is open for short dance films with a prize of 1000 euro for best film and other special awards. However, off the competition, BIDFF will showcase long length dance films both fiction and documentary in a special program.
The festival offers a platform for sharing ideas; challenging the boundaries of the genre, with eyes wide open for experimental, poetic and abstract films, with a strong concept and a choreography especially designed for the camera. On the other hand, a special interest will be given to films documenting and presenting dance in social, political and geographical context. In the days preceding the showcase, workshops and lectures will enrich artists around the world with a mutual exchange of ideas and a progressive vision upon the meeting of the body and the camera lenses.
To apply for BIDFF fill in and submit the online application until the 15th of September.
The application is simple and straightforward, but please be aware of our guidelines:
• BIDFF is accepting only shorts (fiction, documentary and animation) for the international competition. Submitted films should not be longer than 20 minutes.
• You can also apply with long fiction films or long documentary films. These films will be showcased in a special program.
• The background of the filmmakers or the budget of the film has no importance for us but a technical limitation is imposed – the exhibition copies of the films should be at least in HD format (minimum resolution 1280 x 720).
• One applicant can submit no more than 2 films to BIDFF.
• All the films submitted must be produced or released after 2013.
• A preview link of the screener is mandatory; please make sure that you provide the password of the screener in the designated labeled field of the application form.
• Submitting your film to BIDFF is free of charge.
• If you wish to teach a workshop or present a lecture in our festival please describe it briefly in the designated field of the form. These activities will be organized in the days preceding the showcase of the films.
For further questions and other information, please feel free to email email@example.com, subject line: BIDFF info.
Direct link for application form: http://form.jotformeu.com/form/51836678429369
Tangaj Dance Collective
Attn: Simona Deaconescu
45 Popa Petre Street
020803 Bucharest, Romania
phone: +40 741 113 365
This project is financed by ARCUB – The Cultural Centre of Bucharest Municipality, as part of the program “You are Bucharest”.