call: CURRENTS New Media Festival 2017
Deadline: 15 November 2016
Call for entries
CURRENTS New Media Festival 2017
CURRENTS is an international NEW MEDIA ART festival. We showcase a variety of art that pushes the boundaries of art and technology, experimental films, installation, and performance. This is a call for our 2017 show June 9th-25th 2017 in Santa fe, New Mexico. Last year we counted over 7,000 visitors at our festival events.
Some artists who are accepted into the festival are eligible for full coverage of lodging, travel, and shipping.
We are accepting submissions in the following categories:
• New Media Installations,
• Outdoor Video and New Media Installations,
• Single Channel Video and Animation,
• Multimedia Performance,
• Experimental or Interactive Documentary,
• Web-Art / Art-Gaming / Mobile Device Apps,
• Virtual Reality Environments,
• Digitally Generated Objects (ie. 3D Printing)
• Interactive Installations for Children
For more information about our festival and our submission guidelines:
CURRENTS serves as a platform for artistic experimentation and generates exploration into all forms of new media art, while providing the public with an opportunity to experience an outstanding selection of innovative work. Committed to making this extraordinary work available to everyone, the CURRENTS Festivals are free to the public.