call: Château Éphémère Residencies – Digital Arts, Sound Art & New Writings
Deadline: 3 April 2022
Call for entries
For the 8th year,
Château Éphémère Residencies is launching its call for applications “Digital Arts, Sound Art & New Writings” for the 2022_2023 season.
All projects which simultaneously make use of new digital uses as well as sound and musical creation in their production process are eligible.
12 projects will be selected to carry out a one-month residency at Château Éphémère including:
The provision of a creative space
Technical park access
a grant of €500 (taxes included) / project.
Finally, as part of our partnership with the Pépinières Européennes de Création, one or two additional grants, worth €500 (taxes included) each, will be awarded to one or two winning projects. Diffusion opportunities in Belgium could also be considered with their partner Transcultures, Center for digital and sound cultures based in Wallonia.
digital arts, sound art & new writings
call for applications 22 _ 23 residency at ChÂteau ÉphÉmÈre
Set in a patrimonial landmark in the French Yvelines
(78), Château Éphémère opened 8 years ago and is now
a place dedicated to digital creation and specialized
in sound innovation in all its forms. Its objectives are
• To offer residency opportunities to digital artists, de-
velopers and all other digital creators.
• To promote and share with the public new prac-
tices of creation linked to technological innovation,
through our artistic programming and a wide range of
workshops open to everyone, regardless of age or qua-
• To open a pleasant place revolving around a café, a
restaurant and the digital open-source culture.
The project, supported by the Communauté Urbaine du
Grand Paris Seine et Oise and the Région Ile de France,
was initiated by Usines Éphémères and Musiques et Culture Digitales.
As part of its artist-in-residence program, Château
Éphémère launches its call for applications, which
aims at supporting digital and sound art creation.
• Every project involving innovative digital practices and sound art in its creation process is eligible.
• Projects can be submitted by an artist, a collective and a producing or distribution organization.
• The jury will pay particular attention to projects that :
1 – develop actions destined to the local population (workshops, meetings, etc).
2 – reflect on ecology, whether through the choice of materials used in the conception of the creation and/or
through the subject of the project developed in residence.
• Every residency session can lead to a public performance.
condition of stay
Each one of the 12 selected projects will be hosted for
1 month between September 2022 and July 2023.
Our support includes:
• The provision of a working space, accommodations,
and full access to Château Éphémère’s technical
equipment (download here the technical inventory).
• Projects holders will also benefit from the expertise
of our technical director as well as our fabmanager de-
pending on their availability.
• Laureates will also receive a €500 grant (taxes in-
• Within the framework of our partnership with the Pé-
pinières Européennes de Création, one or two additio-
nal grants, worth €500 (taxes included) each, will be
attributed to one or two projects. Opportunities for
diffusion in Belgium may also be envisaged with our
partner Transcultures, a center for digital and sound
cultures based in Wallonia.
• 1 Main Studio of 70m 2
, equiped with technical grid
and an octophonic system
• 3 Workshops from 18m 2 to 25m2
• 1 Recording Studio (sound booth of 45m2 ),
available under conditions
• 3 Music Studios of 20m2 and 46m2
• 1 Writer’s Room of 42m2
• 1 FabLab (shared space)
Château Éphémère provides for the possibility of hosting, outside the quota, several projects that would present
strong synergies with the artistic line of the place under the same conditions except for the allocation of the
Your file must include:
• The application form duly completed : download here –> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s1jkFqwfB6EHFR_tYAQPVEp8_JrExx7Y/view?usp=sharing
• An artistic file;
• A statement of maximum 2 pages describing your pro-
ject, its link with our structure and/or our territory and
publics, its provisional schedule, your partners (poten-
tial and acquired) and the nature of their support;
• Your predicted technical needs.
Every candidate will receive a response by early June 2022.
Deposit and schedule
Please send your complete application file, in a single
e-mail, no later than April 3, 2022 at 12 p.m to Imane
Lehérissier : firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Specify in the subject of your e-mail : « [YOUR NAME] – Call for Digital Arts, Sound Art & New Writings projects ».
• Incomplete files will not be accepted.
If you have any request regarding the call for applications program
« Digital Arts , Sound Art & New Writings », please contact : email@example.com
infos & contact