call: Forever Young!
Call for entries:
deadline: 8 November 2013
The «FOREVER YOUNG?» exhibition aims to reinterpret visual representations of youth. Young bodies appear in movies, commercials, glossy magazines, and on the catwalks more often than others.
In many cases “being young” is interpreted as being careless and hip, mobile and changeable; as being slim and having a healthy
body without any problems and defects. This “forever young” formula leaves us only one correct way of being young, excluding all kinds of ideological, stylistic and physical diversity.
Video and media artists, activists and filmmakers from all over the world are invited to submit videos that represent groups of youth and various experiences of being young, that remain “invisible” in the media.
• Each participant can submit up to 3 videos
• Maximum length of each video is 20 minutes
• The video should be in Russian or English, or include Russian or English
• Every video should have an annotation attached as .doc or .pdf file (up to 1000
• Videos should be uploaded to any file-sharing system, and the link should be emailed
together with the application
• The application should include a CV (up to 3 pages)
Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com
before 10 p.m. (UTC+03:00), November, 8th, 2013.
The exhibition is a part of «MOZG» («The Brain») festival of arts &science,
organized by Centre for Youth Studies in cooperation with «Expoforum
International» and «Learning centre «ANT». The festival will be held on 27-29 of November 2013 in 7th pavilion of «Lenexpo» (St. Petersburg, Russia).
All selected works will be also published on the exhibition website.
If you have any questions please contact: