call: Studio XX – Invisible Labor
Deadline: 15 October 2017
Call for entries
Regular Programmation (2018-19): Call For Proposals
THEME : INVISIBLE LABOR
Studio XX is looking for creative, critical, funny, ironic, and poetic media arts projects exploring the ways that artists, activists, and cultural workers, adapt, perform, negotiate, or refuse, current forms of invisible labour (emotional, mental or physical). Among other things, we are asking: what forms does invisible labour take? What is the relationship between invisible labour and the art world? What is the role of gender in the visibility/invisibility/hypervisibility of labour? How can artists working with digital technologies counter the unpaid labour that provides content for the internet? Can artists re-imagine projects that undermine capitalism?
Invisible labour, both formal and informal, is work that is not seen, valued, paid, or all of the above. Invisible labour is work that is overlooked, ignored, devalued, minimized, or “naturalized” even though it is fun damental for the efficient operation of projects, institutions, households, and entire political entities and organizations.
>>>> For more information about possible topics please visit our website: https://studioxx.org/en/activities/appel-projets-programmation-2018-2019-le-travail-invisible/ <<<<
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Participants may present proposals for Exhibitions, Workshops, or a One-day Event/Activity
- Examples of proposals for exhibitions: web art, public interventions, audio and electronic art, interactive pieces, radio art, video art, installation, locative media, game art, augmented or virtual reality, bio art, open source and community-based practices.
- Examples of a One-day Event/Activity: conversation, roundtable discussion, or performance.
- We seek propositions inspired by (but not limited to) feminism, critical race studies, disability and queer studies.
Submissions will be accepted in either English or French.
Studio XX welcomes project proposals from self-identified women, trans, and/or gender fluid artists, activists, collectives, and organizations.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Studio XX offers artist fees based on the CQAM grid.
- Selected projects receive artistic and technical support (*to be defined according to each project and available resources).
* Please note this is not a call for projects that require production support. Works submitted must be ready for presentation.
- Before submitting a project proposal, applicants are strongly encouraged to consult Studio XX’s mandate, submission guidelines and gallery plans.
- To submit a proposal to Studio XX, follow this link: http://bit.ly/2t9BNNE
– Deadline for submission: by October 15 2017, at midnight (Montreal time).
Incomplete or late applications will be not be considered.
All applicants will rece ive a confirmation of receipt.
Selected participants will be notified in December 2017.
– For questions and further inquiries, please contact us at info[at]studioxx.org