call: Video art – Alleyscapes
Deadline: 26 November 2023
Call for entries
Digital Video Art Submissions – “Alleyscapes”
Sculpture Walk Springfield invites artists from around the world to submit their digital video artworks for our ongoing downtown artwork display.
Submission Deadline: November 26, 2023
Honoraria: $100 awarded to selected artists
About Sculpture Walk Springfield:
A museum without walls with access to all is our vision. Our mission is “to encourage the artistic transformation of Springfield through outdoor sculpture, thus enhancing our quality of life and
promoting economic vitality.”
Sculpture Walk Springfield in partnership with the Hatch Foundation is excited to announce their newest downtown arts venture, “Alleyscapes.” SWS and Hatch aim to enhance Springfield’s sense
of place by enlivening alleyways and other overlooked sites of the city with video art and sound.
These works will enrich the built environment of downtown Springfield and create unexpected moments for the public to experience.
Each month from October 1st, 2023 through September 2024, a new video art piece will be projected from sunset to midnight in the ‘backstage alley’ behind the Hotel Vandivort and the Landers Theater (accessible via Robberson Alley). Each new piece will debut at First Friday Art Walk and will remain on view for one month.
Alleyscapes was brought to fruition through the generosity of Hatch Foundation, Pitt Technology Group, and Hotel Vandivort.
Artwork: Submit a link to or attach your proposed digital video artwork.
In one .pdf document [LastName.FirstName.VideoArt.pdf], please provide:
● Artist Resume: Provide your artist resume listing your experience and previous works.
● Artist Statement: Share a brief statement about your artistic practice.
● Artwork Description: Include a brief description of your proposed video work. Include title,
year produced, duration.
Artwork Content: Video submissions can be narrative, abstract, performance-based, conceptual,
or any genre of digital time-based artwork.
Audience: Ensure your digital video work is suitable for audiences of all ages.
Hardware: Video works requiring additional hardware beyond a projector and speakers will not be
Size: For the most effective picture display please format video art to fit 16’x9’ space
General Project Information:
● Artists can participate from anywhere in the world; on-site presence during the display is
● The final submitted version of the video must be successfully delivered online for payment
● Selected artworks must be submitted in one of the following, .MP4, .MOV, .WMV, or .AVI
● Artists understand that their artworks may be captured and used for promotional,
commercial, and marketing purposes by SWS and associated organizations.
● The general public may share captured images of your artwork on social media and for
other purposes beyond the control of Sculpture Walk Springfield.
● Artists will have their artworks displayed for a predetermined length of time of at least one
month or longer.
● Artists can choose to enable Sculpture Walk Springfield to include their works in a
repository for future display, at no additional expense to either party.
How to Submit:
Please send your submissions or inquiries to Bridget Bechtel, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Alleyscapes – [Your Name].”
Include all required materials mentioned above. We look forward to receiving your digital video artwork submissions. Join us in illuminating our downtown with your creativity!
Note: Terms and conditions are subject to change. Please refer to our website for the most up-to-date information on this open call.