call: The AIDS Memorial
Deadline: 15 November 2019
Call for entries
The AIDS Memorial
The AIDS Memorial was launched by Agricola de Cologne, Cologne based curator and media artist on occasion of 1 December 2001 – the World AIDS Day (http://aids.a-virtual-memorial.org – requires the Flash plugin from ADOBE)
It was a special tribute to all artists who died of AIDS, and generally to all victims of AIDS/HIV whether dead or still living.
The AIDS Memorial will become on occasion of 1 December 2019 – the WORLD AIDS DAY – corporate part of the commemoration platform – The 7 Memorials for Humanity – by being relaunched and extended.
The open call would like to invite artists working with audio-visual media (video & soundart) to contribute to The AIDS Memorial a video or soundart work –
either dealing with AIDS/HIV as a topic or as a tribute to an artist who died of AIDS.
Deadline: 15 November 2019. The accepted works will be realised online on occasion of 1 December 2019 – World AIDS Day
Short films/short videos may have a maximum duration of 10 minutes (exceptions possible) in many formats ranging from documentary via artvideo to experimental film.
The7 Memorials for Humanity – http://7mfh.a-virtual-memorial.org.[netex_box title=”Regulations” style=”default” box_color=”#333333″ title_color=”#FFFFFF” radius=”3″ class=””]
– Deadline: 15 November 2019
– no age limit
– no entry fee
– submissions by film/video makers and soundartists from all countries on the globe to be submitted exclusively online
– max 3 works can be sumitted for each category film/video or soundart
– wanted: single channel videos in mp4 – duration between 1 minute and 10 minutes (exceptions possible)
– creations using language and/or text other than English need English subtitles
– The full-length films/videos may be produced between 2000-2019. The submission of extracts is not accepted!!
– wanted: soundart (sonic art) in mp3 – max duration 10 minutes
– The video preview copy – mp4 – and the soundart piece – mp3 – have to be made available for download via WETRANSFER or from VIMEO or Youtube (link)
– only selected artists will be notified after the deadline and invited to send the HD copy of the selected video in best screening quality.
– The Wake Up! Memorial is looking for innovative and experimental approaches in dealing with contents and technology
[/netex_box] [netex_box title=”Entry Form – please cut and paste
Please use for each piece to be submitted a new entry form” style=”default” box_color=”#333333″ title_color=”#FFFFFF” radius=”3″ class=””]
a) full name
b) full address
c) email, URL
d) short bio (max. 100 words, English only)
a) title English – original (max 3 works)
b) URL home page, (Internet address for download)
c) year of production
e) work synopsis (max. 100 words/submission, English only)
f) 2 screenshots for each submitted work (jpg, HD 1920×1080 px)
Please add this declaration & sign it with your full name & email address
I, the submitter/author, declare to be the holder of all rights on the submitted work.
In case the work is selected, I give – until revoke – The Wake Up! Memorial the permission to include the work in the project context online and in physical space for screenings /exhibitions and the use of screenshots for non-commercial promotional purposes free of charge. Until revoke means, that the author can remove his work at any time. The work will be removed within 3 months.
Please use for each submission a separate entry form
Please use this email address for submitting
artvideokoeln (at) gmail.com
and following subject line: AIDS Memorial – submission